Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Doublecast script?

Script Title:
Double Cast (using more than one skill in the same turn)
RMXP or RMVX:
For RPG Maker XP.
Detailed Description:
I'm looking for a script that allows a character or enemy to be able to use two skills the same turn. It's more for the characters, it's not necessary for enemy's, but could be nice. It's a common thing in Final Fantasy games, usually for Red Mages, but also used for other characters some times, like Vivi and Eiko in FFIX. In those games, you choose a spell to use and select the target, then you pick another spell to use and select the target (you can still cancel and go back from this point) and after confirming you cast both spells from there. It works differently in some games. With Red Mages, it's a command in your skill list that lets you Double Cast. With FFIX, it's only for some characters during their Trance (a transformation that occurs after taking lots of damage). With FFVIII, it's a Status effect, and there is also a Triple version.
Basically, any method is fine with me. I want a character to be able to Doublecast via a switch being on, using a specific skill first, having a specific class, or having a certain status effect.
Screen shots:
I can't find any reference pictures at the moment...
Other Scripts I am using (in order):
Should I bother? I want this script for multiple projects...if I still should then I will if notified too.

If I wasn't descriptive enough, I apologize.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.