Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Doppleganger Script

I am using the RTAB battle system by Minkoff/DerVVulfman. What I'm looking for is a script that enables an actor to make duplicate copies of himself in battle. These copies will have all his skills, but the player will not be able to control them. Their actions are automatic.

After a certain amount of turns, the copies will disappear. Or if an enemy attacks the original actor.

I know this can be done with battle events, but that would mean having to place a switch in every battle party, not to mention the fact being limited to the amount of battlers. So, I want to avoid that route.

The amount of dopplegangers that appear may be infinite, or limited. That doesn't matter. I at least want the actor to have the ability to summon two or three as decoys.

If anyone is interested in this, or needs more information, please let me know. Thank you very much for your help.

Woof... didn't know you had a request here...

Sorry, M.

Well, I'll eMail you a few ideas. But in the meantime, instead of adding events to each TROOP to remove the clones..., use this:
Base Battle Events Version: 1
http://hometown.aol.com/Der%20VVulfman/ ... SCRIPT.PNG[/IMG]http://hometown.aol.com/Der%20VVulfman/Files/RMXP/RMXP-ORG/Forum_Icons/FORUMS.PNG[/IMG]
by sandgolem (06-27-2006)
This adds the battle events from one troop into all the other troops you fight whenever a switch is off. Can potentially save a lot of time & lower memory reqs if you have a lot of events you'd want in each and keep copy/pasting, especially with more complex systems via eventing.​
This way, you can edit all the Troops... en masse.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.