Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[DONE!]Blood Splatter effect for Last Man's Stand

As many of you know now, I am making a zombie shooting game called Last Man's Stand (see signature) that uses my own evented battle system. You can't have a shooting game without blood effects. I am requesting a script that splatters blood behind the character/enemy when they are hit. I know that this can be done with events (and I know that it has been done before), but I want the blood splatters to stay where they are for a few minutes, before they fade away. I already have a blood characterset to use:
http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/4027 ... od1lt8.png[/img]
(not mine)

Let me explain how I would like it to work:
You shoot the enemy (or the enemy bites you) and one of those blood tiles appear one tile behind the enemy. It then stays there for about 1 and a half minutes, before it slowly starts to fade away. It should be so blood stains continue to appear everytime you shoot the enemy. The battle system is already made, so it would be perfect if a blood splatter could appear every time you called the script:

$game = blood.new

or something like that. But if that is asking to much, just the system will be fine.

Thanks.

Please wait 72 hours (3 days, not 2) before bumping.
For your request, couldn't you use a wait command in the event and then have it fade out with an animation? Correct me if I'm mistaken.

You wouldn't need an animation, even-- you could fade it with a move route.  However, you'd need every square on the board to have an event on it that you could turn into a bloodsplatter, if I understand the OP's request clearly, and that strikes me as being a touch impractical.

72 hours? oh, sorry about that, i thought it was 24. Yes, I know this could be done with events, but like Unka Josh
said, you would need an event on every square of the map, and this would make it lag terribly, and you would not be able to put any more events on the map. So I really, really, really need a script for this.

What I'm worried about is the exact same thing happening with a script, though.  Scripting or not, you'd still, in effect, be potentially putting a timed-fadeout sprite or animation or tile on every single tile on the board.

That might be lagtastic all by itself, don't you think?

Not necessarily. The script could be made to just make multiple copies of one or two events (just like Charlie Lee's Auto Populate Maps script) and place them at the cooridinates of the player or enemy (maybe by using variables).

Couldn't you do it with events like this?
Sorry but I don't have RPG maker XP at the moment, so I can't test it.
Code:
Conditional Branch
Variable Blood Spatter Y equal to Variable Bullet Y
Conditional Branch
Variable Blood Spatter X equal to Variable Bullet X
Show animation Blood spatter
Set Move Route Change graphic: Blood
Wait X amount of frames
Set Move Route Change Opacity: 200
Set Move Route Change Opacity: 150
Set Move Route Change Opacity: 100
Set Move Route Change Opacity: 50
Set Move Route Change Graphic: None
else

else

branch end
Assuming your using an event for the bullet! I think it would work... maybe I 'dunno!

Yes, you could.  The only real problem is that the OP wanted a bloodsplatter every time that either party was hit, which would be, potentially, a lot of bloody events going at the same time-- you'd want a script to place them all, and I'm afraid that I'm completely useless as a scripter, so I'm no help.

thanks 006, but as everyone has already said, I know you could do it that way, but you'd need a hell of a lot of events for the actual splattering. Can no one make me this script?

Y'know, if you have blood doing this fadeout thing every time either character is hit, and they hit each other a lot, I don't know how it could be anything but amazingly laggy.

Is there some reasonable compromise that you could make to your design here?  Maybe only a couple of blood splatters on the screen at a time? 

Hello all again. I know this is a massive necropost (sort of) but I still could do with this system, and I have a change in the request. SO instead of making a new topic, I'm just resurrecting this one. I realise that to have the event stay there forever is impossible now, so here is what I need:

Through my evented battle system, every time the player shoots, or is hit, could an event with a blood graphic be pasted behind the character, maybe with a picture, then just fade to nothing straight away. I know this can be done with events (read above) but I need it so it's doesn't lag. So, can someone please help this time? Read above for more details. Thanks.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.