Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Digivolving Digimon!

Ok at the currant time along with making 5 other games I have been asked to make a digimon rpg and I am clueless on how I can get the digimon to digivolve. I noticed the Shapeshifting script but I wasn't sure if that would work not knowing if it is permanent or not. But basically the point of this topic has already been made relevant. I need a code that will allow the digimon in the party the abilities to digivolve. I have it set so that there is only two digimon in the party at the same time and I was thinking that maybe for them all to digivolve around every 20 lvl's starting at lvl 20 and starting at Rookie lvl... I hope this is helping any because i'm completely lost on how to tell this...

So here is a little visual chart i guess.

Rookie Lvl 1 - 19
Champion Lvl 20 - 39
Ultimate Lvl 40 - 59
Mega Lvl 60 - 99

I don't want the digimon to be able to digivolve back. But I would like it to be a set option in case I change my mind later. And I guess it would be best if a person that knows about digimon to take this request or someone that knows of pokemon for the fact of the evolving and there being no way to show what i want done...

Also it is very acceptable to have them just transform into another Actor, in fact that would be best and i bet how it would have to be done. And if needed and if it could be done would it be possible to have the "Digivolve" Command as an option that pops up like every 20 lvls as said before and well i guess I mean could you have it as a technique and when selected it Promps them saying that once this is done that it cant be undone or something like that and gives then the option of yes to do it or no dont or something like that.

I know I have done a lot of rambling probably more then needed but I hope i have provided enough information and sorry if its gibberish and the lack of a picture but if you have any questions plz ask.

Edit: Also if possible can this be made a rush job or at least leave a notice letting me know its being taken plz...

1)Make a common event that sets a variable to X Actors level 2)make another common event that has a conditional branch that checks if the variable = 20, if it does you remove the actor and add the other actor. Hope that helps.

It would save you lots of time by just making a event system like the one above considering it takes quite a while to make a script. Or another way is to make the digivolve a skill so then they don't have to be forced digivolve. So you would set the common event (stated above) in a skill called "Digi-Volve into (insert name here). Or you can just make them learn the skill at level 20 and then you can get rid of the Player Level Varible and add a remove and add actor. Just another way to do it >.>

ok cool, i got the idea and have it setup as a technique instead but is it possible that I can get it assigned some way to the digimon (Actor) not the class when setting a skill? Because If i have to make a new skill for every digivolution that is going to be a lot of common events and well idk because well the fact is doing that way be technique all the digimon would digivolve to the same thing do to the class technique assigning setup. Any ideas on how i can get this to work out with out having to have the digimon talk to someone to digivolve?

If it helps any i am going for the effect like in Digimon 3

Edit: Then there is also the fact of matching up the lvls of the digimon from when they evolve, if you don;t get it here. Say if a lvl 49 Agumon digivolved into a Greymon, with the Actor level setup that Agumon would evolve into a Greymon at level 20 or something like that. Make any sence? So also how would i set it up so that the levels would transfer over when it digivolves.

I'm sorry but this is really complex in the fact of what has to take place so that is why i asked for a script for this inthe first place, unless someone can help me out set by set on how to do this, or get me a demo with the setup or something, so far i understand everything that was said but more is needed. (Sorry for rambling)

I doubt anyone is going to help you since you just denied a perfectly working system. I am going to recommend a close to this.

But anyway, Just do a change graphic when digimon gets to a certain level and add a skill....thats what i would do anyway.

but its not perfect you dont understand! IN doing that the stats wonts a just when the reach that lvl there is to many flaws that will make it mess up! Think about it, if all you did is change the graphics then the people would gain nothing from digivolving which is the Point! When digivolving the point is for them to gain power not to just change the image, try to do it and you tell me how well it would work out and then you tell me if its that easy because its not. I have tried what is suggested and it dont work right! There is to many flaws and all i ask is a script that will help take care of them which isn't that hard, but no one is willing to do so, so no keep it open i'm going to keep trying until someone gets me something that will work right or work me through something that will, because just throwing a demo up there and not saying how it works does no good.

Woah, calm down there partner.

That's no way to get some help. Try being more polite and, if possible, use proper grammar.

Remember, it's no cake walk to make a script. If it was easy, you could hae done it yourself. Even some of the most basic scripts are very difficult to make from scratch.

Well, basically its like a pokemon game, minus a few minor things (updated pokemon sounds, animations for battles and pokemon images, things like that)

It should have the script you want (do digievolve at a certain level and gain skills at said lvl)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.