Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dice RPG Script(D6,D20)

Hi, I have a new request, but this one will not be that easy...

At home, I have a book with rules to a D&D-like game, the eye of the masters.
I really loved the way how you must play this game, and I wanted to do this on RMXP.

What is this system?
At the beginning of the game, you can fill in a "Character sheet", where you type in your name and gender.
Then you throw a normal dice, with six sides and you can fill in your stats by using this method

Stat:0--1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9--10--11--12--13--14--15
Dice:-------------------------1---2--3---4---5----6

The stas are:
Courage
Intelligence
Charisma
Dexterity
Power

So the minimum for all stats in the beginning is 8, the maximum 13.
Then,
if Courage and Power are over 15, you get a message if you want to change class to a warrior, or something like that.
The part of the class changes must be customizable in the script.

Weapons and Equipment:
A weapon works like this:

Example:
Dagger => 1D + 1 (1D = one throw with the six-sided dice, +1)
That would be the damage.

Armor:
Example: Leather Chaps => -2HP (the attack of the enemy will be a little weaker, his attack -2)

The fighting part goes like this:
Every monster also has courage, Intelligence, Charisma, Dexterity and power.

The one with the greatest courage, may strike first in a battle.
Let's say we may strike first.
First, we must throw a dice (20 sided dice), if the result is lower or equal to our Power, then the attack is successful.
Then we deal damage with our weapon (see above)

One more thing:
There was one thing I realy liked about this game, and it was some sort of "test"

Example: We are in a room, and before us stands a big, large door. The one with the greatest power will try to destroy the door.

The we throw the D20 (20 sided dice) and if the result is lower or equal to the power of that guy, then the door is destroyed.

But Tests aren't only for power, they must be for all stats.

I will use:

strength as power
Dexterity as "Dexterity" (duh)
Intelligence as "Intelligence" (duh)
And Agillity as Charisma (if possible)

Courage will be a whole new stat.

Please help me, somebody!

EDIT:

I forgot to say, when you get a quest, and it is done, then you are awarded with adventure points (AP) If you have 13 adventure points, then you may increase one of the stats by one point, and your health and SP increases with 2 points.
In battle, there is no experience awarded.

bump

Wait 72 hours before bumping.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.