Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Diagonal Movement Diagonal Sprites.

I looked and could not find. Maybe I'm blind. Idunno.

Anways, I want my guy to LOOK like he moves diagonal when he's moving diagonal. I can sprite teh extra 16 sprites. That's not the problem. The problem is I suck at scripting.

I would like to see my guy point North West if I press the Left and Up keys. I want him to face South East if I have the Down and Right keys pressed at the same time. You get the picture.

I hope this exists. If it doesn't it would be a valuable addition for the community (be it a time consuming one considering the extra sprites).

If I am missing something obvious here don't blame me I'm a n00b. :)

Been 24 hours so I'm bumping. :)

EDIT:

We posted at t3h same time. lolz

EDIT 2: Thanks. I actually already was planning to use that script (it's t3h great) but didn't realize it could do this. Maybe if I learned to remember what I read lol.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.