Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

death sentence script

In a brand new game, with the RTP...

Look at the "Venom" skill, the "Venom" state,
which has "Slip Damage" (lose 1/10 of HP every
turn in battle, or 1/100 HP every 2 steps on map.)
and the "Remedy" skill & "Antidote" item to cure the
"Venom" state.

dani3

Brewmeister;215632 said:
In a brand new game, with the RTP...

Look at the "Venom" skill, the "Venom" state,
which has "Slip Damage" (lose 1/10 of HP every
turn in battle, or 1/100 HP every 2 steps on map.)
and the "Remedy" skill & "Antidote" item to cure the
"Venom" state.

but that's like poisoning or being poisoned, I need a death sentence countdown:)

dani3;215809 said:
but that's like poisoning or being poisoned,

Only because of the name.
It's a skill that, when successful, applies a state.
The state depricates HP over time. (albeit, in this case
it's based on turns in battle, or steps out of battle, not
strictly 'seconds' or 'frames')
Change the names to "Death Sentence", then to the
user it looks like a death sentence, not poison.

I need a death sentence countdown:)

Assume that the person who's willing to help you has
never played FF, and describe in detail what you want.

Be Well

see what he wants isnt to lose a certain amount of hp each turn, but he wants it so if you get the doom/death sentence status after a certain amount of turns in battle, your char dies, no matter what, unless you finish the battle before the amount of turns is up.

dani3

uzumakishade;216064 said:
see what he wants isnt to lose a certain amount of hp each turn, but he wants it so if you get the doom/death sentence status after a certain amount of turns in battle, your char dies, no matter what, unless you finish the battle before the amount of turns is up.

yes, that's it:)

I have a possible solution - but it's not a script. Therefore if you still want it, you can find it in the link below, in the spoiler below. If you do not want this in events - and it must be in scripts for you - then simply skip my post.
I'm horrible at explaining things that repeat - and yes, there are much easier ways to event code this than how I did it. However, event scripting is fun like that, because if you do it the long way (as I did) you'll see how to do it the easy way later on.

You could do this with a common event, and more so. If you do decide to use this method however, I suggest checking out sandgolem/game baker's "base battle event script". (IT CAN BE FOUND HERE)
That way, you'd only need to include the event processing once, in battle. Whenever a specific developer (you) defined script is off (default) it will carry all events in a developer defined troop, to all others (those others would keep whatever events they had as well).

Here is my event method
http://www.mediafire.com/?9mzfmzzuikn

You can play with it all you want. With other scripts you could make the "10" stay over the target, and then when it switches to "9", that would be displayed. As I have it, the "[normal]" is replaced with "[Death Sentence X]", where x is equal to the count.
Remember, you can do this for all actors and enemies easily, I'm just too lazy. You don't need to make this a battle event either, it can be a called common event - to cut down even more so.
If you do it that way, just make one event. Copy the battle event into it, and then under all of the conditional sequences, paste it again (this time edit it to a different actor), and so on.

Oh, and the above method might or might not work with the Zenith Tactical Battle System, if the event processing is a parallel process event on the map. I'm not sure, I haven't tested - I can't even say that it's a 50/50 chance, I wouldn't know how computable the ZTBS is with parallel events on a tactical map.
And even then, you'd have to figure out a way to set it up to read phases instead of turns - which is beyond my knowledge.
Though if Coco or anyone else figures out a way to do so, could some body let me know?
It would definitely add a point to that particular tactical system in my book - and it hasn't many points to begin with sadly.

Hope that helps, and good luck.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.