Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dash script but the dash_max value is the agi of the player...

i need to know the command script to make the player dash_max be the agi of the player....

DASH_MAX = 100 i want the dash_speed equal to the player agi

You'd have to set it to use character parameter 6 (?) I think. im not exactly sure how to do this lol, look through the actor script (Game_actor I think) and try to find the code that says parameter 6 or something like that. lol sorry, im not a master scripter, im jsut trying to give as much help as possible. And if someone really knows exactly what to do and im wrong, plz tell me :P

well hum i wanted answer about the script about the dash script made by mr mo..

i can send you if you can help me...
in the script of mr mo abs... somewhere

the script code :

DASH_SPEED = 5
SNEAK_SPEED = 3
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
#Max frames the player can run or sneak

DASH_MAX = 100 (instend of a number i would like the player's agi)
SNEAK_MAX = 100

so when the player have more agi.. he will be able to run for a longer time....

plz don't answer me if you just want to tell me i thinkthere is a code script like....

i want an answer this is not the first time i search for the kind of script...
thank you

$game_party.actors[actor_id].agi
actor_id = ID of the Actor.

Example:
Code:
  blah = $game_party.actors[0].agi

Zero is the lead actor, or the actor which is draw on the map. 1 is the second, 2 third, 3 fourth. Hope this helps.

Code:
I don't think that will work. actor_id is not really an actor ID, but instead the actor's position on the party (counting from zero), as Synthesize contradicted himself:
Zero is the lead actor, or the actor which is draw(n) on the map. 1 is the second, 2 third, 3 fourth.

If you use an actor ID which is larger than the size of your party (minus one), it will throw an error.

Anyway, changing DASH_MAX into $game_party.actors[whatever] will work only once since it is an constant, and even worse may cause an error if the script is executed before a game party is initialized.

Provide the original script (link will do) and someone (or I, whoever the fastest :P) will fix it.

Exsharaen;260624 said:
Code:
I don't think that will work. actor_id is not really an actor ID, but instead the actor's position on the party (counting from zero), as Synthesize contradicted himself:

If you use an actor ID which is larger than the size of your party (minus one), it will throw an error.

Anyway, changing DASH_MAX into $game_party.actors[whatever] will work only once since it is an constant, and even worse may cause an error if the script is executed before a game party is initialized.

Provide the original script (link will do) and someone (or I, whoever the fastest :P) will fix it.

I was actually referring to his question about what the method call was before he edited his post. I generally use actor_id for everything, and indeed I contradicted myself. Thanks for pointing it out ^^

i provided the script and look for the dash_max value...
help me so the script will tell the value of the dash... will be the agi of the player
so when the player have more agi... he will be able move for a longer time..

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.