Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Damage display edits

I'm using Trickster's Image Damage Display, but it is incomplete, because he "wasn't going to add stuff until people complained".  Considering he left, the script being completed by him is impossible now.

What's missing from it is an indication for a character's level up.  Simply, when a character levels up, an image is supposed to appear that says "Level Up!", just like images of numbers appear when damage or healing is inflicted.

I also need an Immunity script, similar to what was requested here, only it needs to be permanent (from what people are saying in the topic, I think the effect is only temporary).  When an individual is attacked with something that they're immune to, an "Immunity" image would appear, similar to what was stated above.

Here's the scripts.  I included the Curved Damage Addon that I'm using for the sake of preventing conflicts:

Code:
=begin
==============================================================================
 â—

Jason

Awesome Bro

Offtopic:
Tell us more about this... event, XD

Ontopic:
For the Level up, can't you just make a battle animation of it, and make a Variable for each character (eg. Arshes LvUP), and then do conditional branch, if Arshes LvUP = +1 (He levelled up), Show Battle Animation ?

Not 100% sure on this as I'm not doing it as I type, so, you'll have to tell me how it goes.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.