Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

(Cutscene) Transfer to map before Scene_Title

So I was playing Dark Eternal: Dissolution yesterday and was somewhat impressed with the Introduction screen.

It is an effect I have tried to create for ages, and simply cannot do. I feel it is now time to request help with it as I'm at the end of my tether.

What I want to do is create an Introduction "Movie" (though not in .AVI format) that will play when i first load the game (Before Scene_Title).

The way I want to do this is; as soon as the game starts - the player will be teleported to a map where i can autorun events, call pictures, allow characters to move etc. This will help me create a pretty awesome cutscene with the default RPG Maker event commands. At the end of my "Introduction" I can use the script to call scene title and begin the game.- I also want to make it possible that pressing escape will cancel event processing and bring up scene_title.

I do not want a "Skip title to begin new game" script as this is useless to me, as explained I need two things.

1) Transferring to a selected map (e.g, Intro) BEFORE scene_title begins. When Scene_Title has been brought up selecting "New Game" will take the player to starting position.
2. When pressing Escape you can automatically bring up Scene_Title

This is extremely hard to put into words, and I hope it makes some form of sense. If not I shall attempt to re-word it or show you through some other medium. I believe if this script can be made it would be highly popular among members as it will be extremely useful to creating introduction cutscenes with the option of cancelling them.

Thank you very much for reading,

Reikoku~

I have read your request and I'm well aware of what you want, but I do think you should take a look at this:
http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=7071

It's a topic about a script that lets you 'skip' the title screen, and start out on a map.
Now I know this is not really what you wanted, but you can use it for what you want... ?_?

Let me explain this.
By using this script you can make a prologue, which can be skipped easily using an event that checks whether or not the 'escape' key is pressed, and when it does.. it skips..
However, you can also event a title screen, and make it animated and custom.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.