Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Cutscene music...and what not!..LOL

I been searching for a script like this forever, but I can't find anyone.

I need a script where if I change the map for a scene, the music wouldn't change or restart.

Also can someone make a script where if a battle starts it will still use that same music that's already playing without restarting the song. I need both of these scripts to be able to disable whenever I want.. Thank's alot.

If you simply don't turn on "auto-change bgm" in the map properties the music won't change. What you can then do if you want the musc to change later when you enter the map is put in a parallel process event that changes the music provided a certain switch is on. That's how I solved it on a couple of my maps.
As for the music continuing when a battle commences, that's another easy edit. In your standard scripts, find Scene_Map and:
a) put a hash (#) in front of lines 166 and 172 or,
b) remove the lines altogether.
This will have the effect of simply continuing the music through the battle and picking up when you finish again as well. Hope that solves your troubles

Beran":2eh47cvt said:
If you simply don't turn on "auto-change bgm" in the map properties the music won't change. What you can then do if you want the musc to change later when you enter the map is put in a parallel process event that changes the music provided a certain switch is on. That's how I solved it on a couple of my maps.
As for the music continuing when a battle commences, that's another easy edit. In your standard scripts, find Scene_Map and:
a) put a hash (#) in front of lines 166 and 172 or,
b) remove the lines altogether.
This will have the effect of simply continuing the music through the battle and picking up when you finish again as well. Hope that solves your troubles

Thanks alot, but for the battle... Is there a way where I can disable this function. Only a few times during my game that the music continues through to the battle...

why yes, there is. Instead of commenting out or deleting the lines, make this method:
Code:
def call_battle
    # Clear battle calling flag
    $game_temp.battle_calling = false
    # Clear menu calling flag
    $game_temp.menu_calling = false
    $game_temp.menu_beep = false
    # Make encounter count
    $game_player.make_encounter_count
    # Memorize map BGM and stop BGM
    $game_temp.map_bgm = $game_system.playing_bgm
    $game_system.bgm_stop
    # Play battle start SE
    $game_system.se_play($data_system.battle_start_se)
    # Play battle BGM
    $game_system.bgm_play($game_system.battle_bgm)
    # Straighten player position
    $game_player.straighten
    # Switch to battle screen
    $scene = Scene_Battle.new
  end

look like this:
Code:
def call_battle
    # Clear battle calling flag
    $game_temp.battle_calling = false
    # Clear menu calling flag
    $game_temp.menu_calling = false
    $game_temp.menu_beep = false
    # Make encounter count
    $game_player.make_encounter_count
    # Memorize map BGM and stop BGM
    $game_temp.map_bgm = $game_system.playing_bgm
    unless $game_switches[insertyourswitchhere]
      $game_system.bgm_stop
    end
    # Play battle start SE
    $game_system.se_play($data_system.battle_start_se)
    # Play battle BGM
    unless $game_switches[insertyourswitchhere]
      $game_system.bgm_play($game_system.battle_bgm)
    end
    # Straighten player position
    $game_player.straighten
    # Switch to battle screen
    $scene = Scene_Battle.new
  end

Simply replace "insertyourswitchhere" with a switchnumber, and turn that switch on if you want the music to go on through the battle (both instances of "inseryourswitchhere" must have the same number, and you don't need to use 0's like it does in events, simply 3 for switch 0003 will do fine :P)

EDIT: I felt the need to correct my bad grammar...bad me

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.