Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Customizable weapon/armor/skill use script for VX.

Hey everyone I am making a dungeon-crawler type RPG and I wanted as much character customization as possible for my game. I am wanting a VX script that will allow with a script call a scene where each character gets to choose a certain number of abilities or whatever that affect which skills/weapons/armor a character can use. I do not want to alter the names or faces of the character as I want the characters to have some personality that is pre-determined.

For instance lets say if I were to choose Short Swords in this menu for one character then that character can equip all weapon id's that I choose as Short Swords the, or if I choose Mysticism then the character can use all skill id's that I choose as Mysticism, or if I choose Mail Armor then that character can equip all armor id's I choose as Mail Armor. I want it to be customizable about how many abilities may be chosen and I need it to work for all 4 characters in the same scene.  I am not using any different character classes and the point of this script would give the player the freedom to basically create their own as certain weapons and abilities have different strengths and weaknesses.  I don't think I am using any scripts that would pose compatability issues.

Thanks in advance and I hope someone will take this request. If there are any questions please ask.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.