Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Custom input buttons

First off...I'm almost certain I saw a script similar to one of these and now I can't find it...I did do a search through the forums and probably over looked it....or just wasn't looking too hard :blank:

What I am looking for is a script that allows you to make custom input buttons instead of using the default buttons in the events. So for instance...you could use a conditional cranch and put the condition as a code that has the input button in it.

or

I would like a script that allows more inputs than rmxp actually offers. So that I would have more options instead of being limited to just the rmxp inputs.

I hope I gave enough info, if you need more...just ask here (not much more I can think of to help out... :sad: ) Thanks for any help...

There's a Keyboard script in MACL. The Keyboard module allows you to collect input from any key on the keyboard as well as mouse buttons, and it's used just like the Input module:

if Keyboard.pressed?(Keyboard::Enter)
do stuff
end
if Keyboard.pressed?(Keyboard::Letters['A'])
do stuff with the letter A
end
if Keyboard.trigger?(Keyboard::Ctrl)
debug stuff maybe?
end

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.