Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Custom Circle of Light request

Basically, this script will differ from all other Circle of Light scripts. Heres the details...

Script Title:
Custom Circle of Light

RMXP or RMVX:
This script will be for RMXP.

Detailed Description:
Here we go…
1.) I’d like this script to use a picture as the light source. (I have the picture)
2.) I’d like this script to be activated by a Call Script in events.
3.) Once the script is called, I’d like to change the player graphic and a BGS plays (fire). (I have the picture and the BGS)
4.) After the players graphic changes, an invisible timer starts that counts down and the light appears, the light will flicker to add effect. This can be done by changing the picture every 8 frames. When the counter reaches 0, the light will go out and a SE will play and the character graphic will change.
5.) I’d like for the light source NOT to be able to go past walls and into the darkness but take the shape of them IF POSSIBLE. (Cant breach walls and show light outside in the darkness)

Basically, I want it where the character finds a torch, item “Torch” is obtained, player goes into the menu, selects “Torch” from items, goes back to map, character graphic changes, light appears and takes form of walls (Cant breach walls and show light outside in the darkness) and flickers, invisible timer starts to count down to last second, once last second is reached, character graphic changes, light goes out, player looses 1 torch.

I have ALL graphics, sounds, etc required for this script. All I need is the script itself. You can use things such as "SE goes here" or "Picture goes here" in the script for the purple parts.

Screen shots:
Not needed, gave plenty of details. If you need a screenshot, tell me.

Other Scripts I am using (in order):
Ok, here are the scripts I am currently using...
*Weather Script - Ccoa
*SDK 2.3 - bunch of people
*F12 Pause - Zeriab
*Lockpicking - Eilei
*UMS - Ccoa
*Anti Lag Script -Near Fantastica
*Bestiary - Momomo
*Quest Window - coolmariners98
*Quest Data - coolmariners98
*I will also be using the Star Ocean CMS when it’s edited.*
If you need my scripting data file for further review, please PM me or post in the topic. Thanks!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.