Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

CReating two switchable game_Players

hi @all Scripters..

this time i need a special Edit and expansion of Game_player.

I need a second Player...
Now you say:  just use Split Screen or something else..

But my request is different...

f.e.: PORTAL

The first game_player is moving around. than he shoots twice with a portal gun... Now the second players coordinates will be set to the second portal.. but he must be transparent ( not visible ).
Now the player will go into Portal A. The first game_player will switch to of and is getting invisible ( and doesn´t move anymore ). But the second Player will be switched on and is now visible and moveable. If the second player moves in portal B 8 where he came from ), everything returns, and the player at portal A is reactivated...

Hope that´s clear...

I follow your request, but question your logic. (not saying it's wrong.)

For example, what if Player A shoots the destination portal first, then the originating portal second. Then he will be walking into Portal B. (maybe in your game you have to shoot the
originating portal first?)

Is there another reason why you wouldn't just make the player invisible, transport him to the opposite portal, then make him visible again?

Be Well

Why would you really need two game players? I assume you're making a Portal game, but rather than making one invisible you could just have a script that warps your player from one spot to another. Could you elaborate more on your request...

every time the player transfers, the screen fades to center on him.. but i want no cut between walkin into partal A and exit in portal B.

@Brewmeister:
If the player touches Portal B, the second will set to portal A. If he touches Portal A.. second will set to Portal B...

and no, it´s not for a PORTAL project.. PORTAL is just the example...
I need it for a Dimension Gun in my Shooter Project.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.