Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Crafting System v1.0

Crafting System Version 1
By Near

Introduction

It's a crafting system, it lets you make items out of other items.

Demo

http://bb.xieke.com/files/Crafting_System.zip

Instructions

To make the material list for an item(making the list is all you need to worry about, mind you!),

Go into the Forge module(in the demo, it's in the 'Forge (config)' script), and put a new line under 'Materials = {}'.

Put in on your new line: Materials[(item name)] = [(item1 name), (item2 name), etc]

Note that all the item names have to be in quotes.

Also note that you can have any number of items, as long as they are comma( , ) seperated.

FAQ

Awaiting questions...

Compatibility

Uses all it's own classes. It's compatible with just about everything.

Terms and Conditions

Near Crafting System by Near is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

You may NOT repost this work without my personal consent.

You may NOT use this work in a commercial project without my personal consent.

You may modify this work for personal use ONLY.

I think I found a bug (sorta).

During the crafting process, if you go to "Create Item" without selecting materials (I know that no logical person would do that, but it pays to test every possibility), the script gives me this error:

Script 'Scene_Craft' line 55: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `name' for nil:NilClass

What I gather from this is, the script errors because there isn't a window for when you make... well, nothing. Maybe you can add a pop up prompting to select materials when the user goes to "Create Item" with no materials selected?

...That probably makes very little sense. I apologize for any confusion.

I think i also found a bug,
If you have created something, and you want to create something new with that item, and then get the item out of the craft screen again, it is completely gone.
CCan you fix that one as well?

i'll work on that one. i'll post the newest version after i fix this bug.

and also, to anyone that cares:

I'm working, right now, on an enchanting system that will have both an XP version and VX version, the only real perk of the VX version being that it uses the note feature for enchanting items.(Like magical items, not the items being enchanted) and both versions are 40% complete.

Ulqiorra":2ljkmzvj said:
i'll work on that one. i'll post the newest version after i fix this bug.

and also, to anyone that cares:

I'm working, right now, on an enchanting system that will have both an XP version and VX version, the only real perk of the VX version being that it uses the note feature for enchanting items.(Like magical items, not the items being enchanted) and both versions are 40% complete.

You know, it's interesting what happens when you mention certain things to people. For example, I knew you were working on an enchanting system for XP, since you had promised to make one after this. But after mentioning that, as part of Team Scriptastic, all scripts I release (after the formation of the team) will work with not only XP and VX, but a pet project that we have yet to release (No, not Architect, I'm talking about something you may have noticed in our timer script), things get rolling along for you, and you decide to increase compatibility. Not that it's a bad thing, as VX could use some worthwhile scripts. I just like to see how ideas gain momentum. Incidentally, are the two versions going to be separate scripts, or will they be the same script, working in both programs? The second is more difficult to accomplish, but more effective in the long run.

Heh... you knew I was making an enchanting system cuz i told you Glitchy-dono, you cheater. But anyway, I know the project your hinting at, even if no one else does(i was part of it, after all). And it's going to be two scripts one for each version.

OMG YES!!! This is exactly what I needed for my game! It's cool because it's like the Skill-combining script but for items :O

BTW did you fix the bugs yet?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.