Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

"Cover" Ability

Cover

Detailed Description:
For this script, if you aren't too busy, I'd like a script that reproduces the "cover" ability from Final Fantasy IV (Paladin Cecil), however I want it done slightly differently.

Skill (Cover): When I select a skill with <cover> in the notebox and then select a party member, the character that used the <cover> skill will start taking all physical damage in place of the covered character, even if the covering character has critical damage condition.

Status (Cover): When a character is inflicted with a status that has <coverstatus> in the notebox, that character should take all physical damage in place of any character that would have received physical damage so long as the character that would have received the damage is in critical (low HP) condition and that the character that has the status is not in critical damage condition himself.

Other Scripts I am using (in order):
Yanfly Enemy Info
Yanfly Scene Battle Redux
Yanfly Bonus Equipment
Yanfly Custom Battle Actions
Yanfly's Casting System
Yanfly's Status Effects
Yanfly Skill Slots Equip

These are all the scripts that should affect the battle system as of right now.
Thank you if you take my request.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.