Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Costume system

Can some one make like a costume system, where theirs a menu and you like choose a certain costume in a list of all the ones you earned so far.

If you choose a costume it will change your Character, battle graphic, and unlock special skills for that costume.

Example: You have something like cyber armor, and when you choose it your wearing the cyber armor and have skills like, cyber buster. but when you change costumes or take it off you lose the skills and it switches to the new armor or your regular clothes.

But I really only want it to take effect on the main character, also i tried using events but it didnt turn out well......
anyway If its to hard then dont do it, but it can be very useful to me and alot of people.

Also if its already made can I get a link.

Well what you can do is with events you can use a conditional branch and selecect "when actor is equipped" and then choose armor. From here you can then use "Change actor graphic" to whichever you want and then in the second case nothing. Then just create one for each armor. That should take care of the graphics part. :D

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.