Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Convert Script To Be SDK 2.2 Compliant..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would someone be able to convert the below script for me to be SDK v2.2 Compliant..?
This script is used in a game I am trying to get going, but it crashes like heck when used with the SDK. Any help in looking into this script for me is much apprectiated.

I would NOT like to switch to a different script however, as this one does exactly what I was wanting.

Thanks for any help,

Fenwick

Thanks SEPHIROTHSPAWN... I will post in the area you mentioned from now on. I was just unsure if that was for Older SDK scripts to be up ver'd or not that did not work with the SDK Patch.

On another note.... Your script worked perfectly, except it would not show my title page and the back ground scrolling picture. I had to add a few lines, which was cool that I got it on the first try as I'm not a Scripter.

Here is what I had to add in "Class Scene_Title" under "def main_sprite":

#Fenwick Put here below
@layer1 = Sprite.new
@layer1.bitmap = RPG::Cache.title("under")
@layer1.x = 0
@layer1.y = 0
@layer1.opacity = 255

@viewport = Viewport.new(0, 0, 640, 480)
@image = Plane.new(@viewport)
@image.bitmap = RPG::Cache.title("title_scroll")
@image.opacity = 100

@layer2 = Sprite.new
@layer2.bitmap = RPG::Cache.title("title001")
@layer2.x = 0
@layer2.y = 0
@layer2.opacity = 255
#Fenwick Put here above

After I added the following, it worked perfectly...!

Currently I have "76" scripts working all together in my game, and have just realized that Evolving to SDK is the right thing to do... So, I have my work cut out for me looking for SDK compliant scripts of the ones I currently am using.

Well... Once again, thanks for the help, quick reply.
It is appreciated.

This Topic Is Resolved.

Fenwick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.