Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[CONTEST] Screenshots Drive! Reviews Drive!

sHPUELg.png

You may have noticed the announcement about improvements to the Complete Games section, but it's pretty useless with no screenshots, dev notes or reviews!

As a mini-contest, we're asking you to take decent screenshots and post them to the gallery. You can take a screenshot of any game you like - it doesn't have to be your own. To do this, go to your chosen game, whether it's in the Complete Games or the Projects in Development board.

Then at the top, next to
button_screenshots.png
, press the little cross,
button_add.png
, to post your screenshot.

Post your screenshot in tags, and add a brief commentary if you like (or go further), then click submit. Your screenshot will be added to that game's gallery, and to the global screenshots gallery. The best will end up on the homepage!

[b]Rules[/b]

> Screenshots should be content based, so should have a purpose. Needless screenshots such as of a blank screen would be considered spam and removed.
> If posting screenshots of another game, consider whether it construes a spoiler. If so, please add [SPOILER] to the title. (I will do some fancy coding to ensure spoilered screenshots don't show in the gallery.) You can of course do this for your own games too.

[b]Prizes[/b]

For each screenshot posted at the end of the contest you will get 10 Project Points.

The winner will get at least $10 by Paypal. I know it's not a lot, but this is a mini contest. Depending on how many people enter, the prize pool will grow significantly. This is at my discretion.

[hr][/hr]

[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/OGXJEDv.png[/center]

We also have reviews!

In exactly the same way, post reviews of your favourite games.

Rules

> Reviews must be purposeful. Anything below 100 words will be removed.
> Be constructive! Don't call things crap, call them "not as good as they could have been" and explain why.
> Don't be too gushing! If giving praise, explain why.
> You must have played at least some of the game in order to give a review.

Prizes

Unlike Screenshots, the reviews prize will be for the best review posted.

Initially there will be a prize of $10 for the best review posted. Depending on how many people enter, there may be additional tiers for 2nd or 3rd place, and the prize pot will grow significantly. This is at my discretion.

I know we've had entries to this, but I'd rather the prizes for both categories didn't go to literally the only two people who posted anything. I'll leave this running a while longer, but thank you those (two) who've posted screenshots and reviews.

I realise the screenshots thread might be lessening the impact of the gallery. Something to think about changing.

Ah, I need to remake the screenshot display on game pages. I think that should be simple as the backbone still exists, but I'm away from my pc at the moment. Will fix tomorrow.

Some game topics already have a lot of screenshots to them. For the purpose of a screenshot gallery, is it alright to just copy and paste links that are already there?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.