Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Class Fusion Script

So, I've been working on a game recently, and I thought of a system that I really thought was cool; Class Fusion. In my game, you start out as a class of your choice, and as you progress you can find and unlock new classes. Once you unlock new classes, you go to the Class Manager, and change your class. This is where the class fusion comes in; I thought "Why stop at just being able to CHANGE your class? Why not fuse up to 3, to create different ranks, or even whole new classes!"

Here's the basic rundown on what I'm thinking:

You go to the Class Manager, and it'll have an option that'll say Class Fusion. You can fuse up to 3 classes, for a fee. For example, if you fuse 2 classes, that'll cost you 20,000 gold. If you fuse 3 classes, it'll cost you 1,000,000 gold.

When you fuse a class, it resets your level back to 1, but you have all the skills from ALL the classes you fused, along with NEW skills to unlock.

Now's when it gets kind of complicated; You can keep fusing classes, until eventually you reach higher ranks, or you start unlocking classes that you already have. Each class will have 5 ranks, and I'll demonstrate this with a warrior:

Warrior
Elite Warrior
Valkyrie Warrior
Hyper Warrior
Neo Warrior

That's pretty much the gist of it... and I know what your about to say:

This could be done with events.

I am aware that it could be done with events, but it gets so clustered it's hard to look at, and gives me a head-ache. I'd much prefer a script to do it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.