Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Class Change => Battler Change

So..
I'm using the "Dragon Quest Class Changing System" where you can change your class and train your skills in that class.
All good and well but... I would like a script that changes my battler graphic if I change my class.
If it's still not clear:

Actor changes his/her class in Gunner => Actor graphic is a battler with a gun.

Thx in advance...

You could probably event this out the same way I've been doing for weapon changes. Just set a conditional branch where if a certain actor has a certain weapon equipped, it changes the battle graphic to the one you want. Of course this does require you to have a different graphic for every weapon.

But if they change a class then they also have to change their weapon right? If that is the case then it should work fine if you just set it to occur when the weapon is changed.

Conditional Branch: Script: $game_party.actors[Index].class_id == ClassIndex

Replace Index with the position of the character in the party. (Or, alternately, you could use $game_actors[Index].class_id where Index is replaced with the ID of the character in your database)

and replace ClassIndex with the ID of the class in your database. That will return true (i.e. go into the branch case) if the character's class is the same as the class in the database, or false otherwise.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.