Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Chrono Trigger Battle System

Chrono Trigger Battle System

RMVX

What I'm looking for...
I decided to make a Chrono fan game, and to make it better, I would love a battle system identical or very, very close to Chrono Trigger's. If you've never played Chrono Trigger, than here's a run down of it's Battle System: You walk on a map, and you'll see enemy sprites on it. If you step into the enemy, the 3 members of your party all go into battle positions (still on the map), and the battle gauge pops up. The speed of your character affects the time it takes to fill up your battle gauge. When the battle gauge fills up, then the Attack/Items/Tech options come up. The attack/items thing is dead obvious, but the tech part is where it might get tricky. Chrono Trigger is famous for the tech system, because there are dual techs and even triple techs. Dual techs are techs that use more two people's techs together to make a whole NEW tech. Tripple techs should be quite obvious after hearing my explanation on dual techs.

Screen shots:
Chrono_Trigger_SNES_ScreenShot3.jpg

This is the best example I could find.

It would be AWESOME if some one could do this for me.

Thanks.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.