Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Chrono Cross-like Battle System

Ark

Hi!

I have a new request. I played with Chrono Cross recently on the Playstation, and I found out that CC's battle system is hilarious, so I decided to make a request here, and see what happens!

For those who doesn't know about it...
Main features:
  -  Under Attack Command you can choose from 3 types of attacking (hard, medium, easy) which has different % of chance to miss (of course the hard type has higher hit-rate and lower chance to hit) and those 3 costs different amount of Action points (easy is the lowest and high is the most of the three).
  -  Element system (which has equippable elements (magics) and those could be used only once in a battle (and costs Action points of course, and to top that they were only available after you hit the enemy at least once)

The things I need in the system:
  -  An ATB which is filling up with each round according to the actor's (both enemies and heroes) agility.
  -  A simplified Action Point system (if the ATB is up you can use 10 Action points (and it should be setable for each actor (and it would be good if I could tinker with this value later on))
  -  I don't need elements so only a little change on the skills. I should be able to set the Action Point-cost to each skill. And the other feature should be that each skill should only be used once in a battle and only after the first round.
  -  The Attack command and the three types (heavy, medium, and easy) with a little sign that says how much chance the player has to actually hit (for example: heavy (55%), medium (78%), easy(96%))
  -  And if it's possible (I know I demand much, but still...). I saw some Battle Systems and I loved the ones that had no Pre-Menu (with Fight or Flee), and you had the first chance to flee only when your ATB was filled. And also, if it's possible, you should do a centering with the hero's battle graphic when there're less than 4 actors in the party.

I think there are other people who might want to use something like this and it would make a hell good and far more enjoyable and interesting battle system. And I think it would be a challenge for you as a scripter to make this kind of CBS, and it would be unique (in a way).

So, I thank you, if someone sees potential in this and starts to do it!

EDIT: This request is for RMXP

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.