Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Choosing a class at beginning.

In my game 'Arena', The player can choose what they look like and what 'style' they use. ie, melee, ranged or magic. This is using Zeniths Tactical Battle System. Does anyone know of an easy way to choose a player Character (The guy or girl you walk around with and see in battle) a battler (which will be the face used in menu's and conversations) and a class (style of battle which determines what weapons and armour a player can use.)

Now i know these things look like they can be done with events. But in doing so would require a really really big conditional branch which could lag my game up.

I don't really mind how simple the system is or looks like (I can modify they layout and such myself) but i just need a system that works.

Thanks people.

Unfortunatly I already have this. I have tried to implement this into the game but it holds a few problems. I require facesets for the battle system, and i would then require the system to make a faceset as well. also, i don't really know how these made characters are stored and thus cannot use it in the Zenith Tactical Battle System.

Thanks for that anyways.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.