Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Character Switcher

I think it would be extremely cool to be able to press a button and switch characters or groups like in Final Fantasy VI, but I haven't seen any scripts for this. Can anybody help me out?

I don't think that's what he meant. I think Seph's script merely changed the party member graphic on the map, like it scrolled from Aluxes to Basil, etc. What Persistent wants is for two parties (or more) to be on the map at the same time, and you can move both of them, switching back and forth with the press of a button. I made a similar request on RMXP Universe, and Dargor said he would add the effect into his Party Changer script, so look out for it.

There's also this script by RPG Advocate, however its functions are limited; you can only have 2 parties, and 1-3 members (has to add up to 4) in each party.

Hope this helps ;)

Thanks a lot, but do you have any idea how to put this into the script editor? I'm not very good with scripts at all and can't quite figure out what the instructions are telling me to do. I'd greatly appreciate it if somebody could help me with this.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.