Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Character Select Screen

I hope this isn't too hard.  But...here goes.

I basically just want a simple select screen.  Basically, after selecting a choice at the title screen, you come upon this, choose a character with (mouse? or simply just the arrow keys)

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/5668 ... on24om.jpg

That's just a fan-created Super Smash Bros. Screen, but I want the layout like that, except its only a one-player game, so no need for the four player things.

I also would like there to be empty spaces where I could add unlockable characters, but that seems difficult, so if you can't do that, no harm done.

Also, if you could make it say "Nepharium" at the top, but that would probably be made with graphics, so never mind :P

So, I quick low-down of what I want:

-A select screen right after the title that will decide which character the player will use in the game (it's planned to be a fighting game)
-Faces of each character, made easily edittable for me, that are displayed, like the faces on the picture.
-Easy interface, if ya can.
-Anything is fine, as long as it works o.o

Thanks.

I tried to make this post as good as possible...but...o.o

Do you have the characters? I can do it with defaults but thats lame -_-

Basically: Just use an icon sprite, and make the event with a move to middle :P. I can do it if you want, but it may take awhile due to other projects -_-

Um.  That's a dilemma.  I have most of the character battlers planned out, but not anything that represents them, like faces...or whatnot.

Just put an icon for each weapon, do 8 character slots, with each weapon icon.  Y'know, icon 1 is the sword...etc.

That'll work excellent for now.

Actually, that's a brilliant idea.  After that, I'll do the variable and then random number to choose automatically whether you get a boy or girl character using that kind of weapon.  Adding randomness to the character you get.  *pats self on back*

thanks by the way

I believe I have a way of eventing this if somebody can make me a graphic that fits the whole screen of that SSB select thingy, but I need the circles where the characters would be to be transparent and fit exactly with the event squares.

Actually, it wouldn't be that hard if somebody made the graphic.

Thanks.  =)  I would probably be able to do this myself, but I'm working too much on the game's battle system and beginning the intro scene, and have NO time to do this.

Thanks ^_^

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.