Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Character Needs (Like the Sims)

Character Needs (Like the Sims)
Version: 1.0
By: MephistoX

Introduction

Well, like a complement to my House Deco System, I created this system, very very similar to the Sims, so I want to share with you, includes all the features that are in the Sims, or many of them. for example if the need reaches 0, a state is added to the actor, all can be customizable. believe me :)

Ease to understand, if 1 second has passed, substract all needs (depend of the Rate that you assign)

Features
  • Many Needs as you wish
  • Very Customizable
  • You can create conditions to NO Substract need values (For example, if switch is on, don't substract need, or if the map, the terrain, the actor id, the class.
  • Includes Event Environment, this events, if the player is in x range (customizable) affect a need, add or substract value.

Demo

http://www.4shared.com/file/123009856/5 ... Needs.html <= Basic, see the gold window in menu :)

Instructions

Well, install the script, like every script, refer to the header to see how customize or how create events and all that, to create new needs, you should modify the script itself:

Search for Character_Needs and customize the Instance Variables, like the example, remember to add these new needs to the module constants.

Code:
class Character_Needs::Actor_Needs

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------

# * Public Instance Variables

attr_accessor :energy                                       # Energy Need

attr_accessor :yourneed

# * Object Initialization

#     actor_id : actor id

def initialize(actor_id)

@actor_id = actor_id

@energy = Character_Needs::Configuration['energy']['Values'][1]

@youenewneed = initial value

end

FAQ

None yet.

Compatibility

I don't tested it withouth SDK, maybe can be compatible only, I didn't use any class from it... but, I made on a SDK base, and MACL, any problem, please tell me. (try to use in a non-SDK removing the SDK.LOG, and final end)

Credits and Thanks

Credits to MephistoX, and also Thanks to the HispanoCoders Group, yes I'm a Latin Guy living in SouthAmerica :), always thanks to the MACL TEAM, and SDK developers.

Author's Notes

This Script doesn't include a Window with all the Needs... and that, you need to create that, depending of your game gui or graphical part.

Terms and Conditions

This script is for Free Proyects only, please contact me, if you want to use this in a Commercial Proyect.

That's All, any Question or Bug report, here.

Jeea

Cool, this is perfect for some Sim games..

Edit 1: Can you make a script that can display the need status of the person?

Wow! If this + House system... you have a Sims copy!

Kewl mate!
Keep up the good work!

I might try making a game like Survival kids using this and the house system :D

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.