Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

character creation

It's sort of like a menu system. You see you have 2 jobs.
One job is to set up a basic menu system for the start of the game. A long list of about 8 choices, some darkened some lightened. Obviously as you go through the game at certain points switches will activate causing the darknened blocked to light up. The darkened words can't be used. It is a drop down text box, very long, with all the choices showing, on the left side of the screen (will give you more precise details later). The character stands to the right, and as you flip through the choices, the character sprite changes. Obviously I have all the sprites and pictures you need ready, well not ready but I am still working on them obviously, but the coding will be you. This is the most important part, so if you accomplish this than I will continue on to the harder of the two ideas, less you wanna know now.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i142/ ... iagram.jpg[/img]

The poorly drawn stick figure will be replaced by the sprite. It will start out in DEFAULT clothing standing there in a pose, and as you go through the different skin colors the pose changes slightly to show the difference in characteristics between each skin color. The list is roughly 8 things. Skin tones. Maybe a name that you make up as for the text, but I'll get you a more permanent picture later, don't worry. As you scroll through them and press the select button (enter) on the one you want, the character to the right will change appearacne to match what you just picked. At the bottom is a 9th choice that says continue. The darkened one means you cannot use this. Either you have not yet purchased this skin-tone or you have not unlocked it through some means of gameplay but either way you cannot choose this at the current time. As the game progresses, certain switches will activate these abilities and change. This is only skin color but imagine a character creation list. Where this would go to eyes(close up on face), then to hair, and then to clothes and other such wonderful things I have to map out yet. But I understand the huge workload I'm asking here on this type of project, thats why the huge cash reward is there.

For the first menu, its skin color. As you change skin color some thing preset themselves throughout the rest of the list. Like for example (I haven't worked this part out yet):
Skin Tone 1 + Hair color 2 + Mouth 2 + Voice 1 + DEFAULT clothing + Body Type 1 + eye color 3 + Fighting style 1
thats an example obviously until i get everything situated THEN i can start to make presets. But you get the general idea. Those are in order by the way. It goes from skin, and once you pick that you would hit continue, to go to the next tab of the menu. Where you can change the hair color and mouth and everything. On the second menu, or anything considering the head, the full body picture of the character will change to the head. As I mentioned before as you pick different choices, your body will change. As for fighting style, that will change your complete body, just like body type does. And of course certain things will be there, such as hands and feet.

So this may be in the wrong forum but can anyone help me out with this?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.