Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

character creation script request.

i need a script that can make characters before entering the game. i wanna make a rpg that like the elder scrolls or neverwinter nights with customizable characters. i tried a demo for one character creation script. but it did not work well. are there any alternative scripts.

I hate to tell you buddy but everyone wants that. Your best bet is to either learn how to do it yourself or don't do it exactly like Elder scrolls. Plus if you want responses to this, you might wanna mention what elder scrolls is(even though I know)and explain yourself. Why do you want the character creation system? What is it like? I don't have a system exactly like that, but I do have one. It's a ghetto rigged one. I started the game as a cloud who was in limbo being asked questions like what do you want to do, are you a male or a female, etc? And when it was all said and done, you would have made yourself a character. Get creative.

This script is nearly impossible to come by. I've requested the same thing twice now, and the second time my standards dropped from hair, eyes, skin, clothes, weapon, class, name down to: Hair, clothes. Thinking, maybe someone would at least try. Scripters tend to be afraid to jump into things like this, and I don't know why. However; I probably shouldn't talk, since I know NOTHING about scripting beside the fact that it's extremely tough.

If you want to go ghetto, like ccouthen stated, then I'd try your hand at eventing it. One thing I've learned in the last year on rmxp/vx is that you can event ANYTHING with the right pictures and a bit of an "out of the box" mind track. Just get creative. You could do the questions thing, or maybe just use the xp character maker (I can't find the link, but if you do a google search I'm sure you'll find the free download) to make maybe 4 hairstyles, 4 body styles, and then let the character cycle through them using some pictures and such, and eventually you'll only have 16 different combinations, which means you won't get in too deep, but you'll still have a decent character creation screen. Maybe the class choice could just determine your outfit, and then you choose a hairstyle and color? There are a lot of options. If you'd like to request a demo for this, pm me, and I'll work on a simple one.... I'm bored anyway.

Good luck.

Umm actually a scripter already has made one. If you look a little harder on other sites you would've probably found it.
http://www.creationasylum.net/index.php?showtopic=13256
It customizes quite a few things.

AFter you customize you're character it doesnt look like much but when you equip stuff you see armor and weapons. Its also a visual equipment script. If you would like more armor and more weapons and more skins and eyes etc. You'll have to make more sprites then.

Oh cool. I'll check that out.

As I said in another post about this: I don't normally leave rmxp.org to find things. If it's not here, it should be here, and if it is here, I'll find it.
Anyway. Thanks. It was just a challenge to make one with events. It could be a lot more advanced if I didn't make my events so confusing. lol.

EDIT: That IS pretty sweet. It's got a few little glitches in the spriting, but I won't complain because I wouldn't take all that time to make them look that good. I'm WAY too lazy. lol. Anyway. The only downside is that this is for XP, meaning that my system still has a little hope at being used. Heh.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.