Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Chapter select menu

Script for: RMXP
I think my request is fairly easy. It's a menu simular to how MoMoMoMo's Cg viewer looks and works.

http://f53.aaa.livedoor.jp/~momomo/rgss/rgss_cg_mode.html
Here is an example of the layout

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g304/dark_linis/menu.jpg[/img]

There can be a call event or switch or variable, (doesnt matter long as it gets the job done though I do prefer switches or variables) that can lock/unlock chapters.  There should be 9 chapters available (and if possable a hidden one or two under 9) what does this script really do? It simply teleports the player to a map.
The menu is to spice things up, however it really doesn't need to be so graphic.
If anyone is interested in helping out, it is greatly appreciated, and if anyone has a question, please ask.

Er, and also, if this script looks like it would be hard to make, please tell me also as I would hate to wait for a script that would never be done.

Thank You.

EDIT I forgot to mention, when the player selects a chapter that hasnt been unlocked, a SE plays. If the chapter is unlocked then the script asks the player if they would like to continue and if yes, they teleport to the map for that chapter, if not they...just stay where they were. ^_^

so in summery. A menu that is image based and teleports the player to a new map when one of the images are selected and that paticular image is enabled. , make sence?

dragon

I made one without graphics asome time ago. You need to select the item "Chapter select" and choose your chapter. (still need to upload and make a page for it.)
I'll edit it so you can add some comment to the chapter.
Do you need to be able to select the chapter with an other savefile than where you've unlocked the chapter?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.