Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Changing the screen resolution in VX Ace

Changing the screen resolution in VX Ace

It took me a bit to find out how to do it, so I thought I'd post it here out of usefulness. It's super simple though. To change the screen resolution (the size of the game window) in RPG Maker VX Ace, copy and paste this line into line 6 of the script called "main":

Graphics.resize_screen(width, height)

Replace width and height with the size of your screen. You can't go above 640 by 480 (which is larger than the default screen in VX Ace).

Handily, the game's designed for this, and all windows and such resize accordingly, although a little awkwardly when you get to very small sizes (but you should know that anyway).

You can also call this at any point during the game to change it's size, for whatever reason.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.