Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Changing the RTAB script help

Hi, all. Currently I'm using version 1.16 of the Real Time Active Battle script.

I am perfectly aware that the script is compatible with Minkoff's animated battlers, however, I feel the said script (battler) is rather limited in its requirement for having equal frames for all animation. Especially since I'm using Ragnarok Online's sprites, which seemed to have different number of frames for each action for a singular character.

Therefore, I was wondering if the RTAB script can be edited so that for animated battlers, each action has it's own sprite sheet, allowing greater versatility and freedom - something like ccoa's side view battle system, for example.

In other words, is it possible to merge RTAB script with the animation aspect of ccoa's battle system script?

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Animated Battlers can use more than 4 frames per pose... and go beyond the 11 frames.

Let's say that your biggest attack has 12 frames of animation, kay? You set @frames in the config section to 12, but also set @frames_standard to whatever the 'normal' number of frames are in your system

Now, let's assume that you have decided that the 'attack' pose (by default... pose #7 / spritesheet index 6) has 8 frames (not even the whole 12 frames). You can use the @frames_per_pose value to apply/set the '8' poses TO the attack command:
@frames_per_pose = {6 => 8}

Heck, let's assume only Aluxes uses 8 frames for the attack pose and Gloria goes through 12 frames:
$poses_actor = { 1 => {6 =>8}, 7=> {6 => 12}}

My gratitude.

Okay, so let's see if I got this. Hypothetically speaking, if I want to use irregular frames numbers for both attack, and say skill, would the config look something like the following?

@frames_per_pose = {{6 => 8},{8=> 12}}

Just making certain before I attempt anything.

Almost...;)
@frames_per_pose = {6 => 8, 8=> 12}
Course, this one is when ALL battlers use the same number of frames for their attack and skill poses.

If Aluxes and Hilda have various frames for their skills or attacks...
$poses_actor = { 1 => {6 =>8, 8=>12}, 7=> {6 => 12, 5=>12}}

And also remember that you can go beyond the default number of poses through the @poses value, so you're no longer limited to just 11! You can have an individual pose for a fireball... for a flare arrow... for a potion toss.. and etc.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.