Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Changing the Damage Display

EDIT: Just realized that this is in the wrong forum.  Sorry!  :sad:

Is there any way to easily change the damage display in RMVX with the DBS? I absolutely love the damage counters on this mod:

http://rpgex.sakura.ne.jp/home/sozai/VXsv01.jpg[/img]

...but it's all in Japanese and is therefore pretty hard to incorporate into my own data. Is there a script out for it? And if not, I'm quite familiar with RGSS but what would I have to do to implement that / is it available to implement in the default system? I just can't find anything easy in the default system - here's where it'd be:

Code:
 def display_action_effects(target, obj = nil)
    unless target.skipped
      line_number = @message_window.line_number
      wait(5)
      display_critical(target, obj)
      display_damage(target, obj)
      display_state_changes(target, obj)
      if line_number == @message_window.line_number
        display_failure(target, obj) unless target.states_active?
      end
      if line_number != @message_window.line_number
        wait(30)
      end
      @message_window.back_to(line_number)
    end
  end

Thanks for the help. :)

----------------
Now playing: Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins - 03/03/2008 PON PON PATA PON
via FoxyTunes

Their should be pictures used to show the numbers just to into the project folder, then pictures, then find the pictures image and edit the way the numbers look to your liking, thanks for asking.

The RMVX default battle system doesn't have any damage indicators like in that mod. I don't want to use that custom system, I just want to add the indicator that's in it, like the "92" that's popping up on that screenshot. All that RMVX does is display it in the messages.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.