Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Changing Character IDs

Aiigghht, lets see if i can explain this...

Well, I would like do have a Character Selection thingamabob, and all the people you can use have different stats (such as warrior, theif, mage, etc etc) and i also want the people to be able to use their own names (\n[ x ]). And so, i made warriors 001, theif 002, and mage 003, and so on and so forth, but my problem is, i don't want to make 3 different page type things for each event, that would be a pain. So i am wondering if there is a way to, once the person has chosen their character, switch their Charachter ID so that they are 1, instead having to make a bunch of "\n[2]" "\n[3]" and all that jazz

THANKS!
Stteeevveee

poccil

Sponsor

It would be easier to do this with event commands.  Once the player has made a selection, you can change the name of actor 1 using a Script event command like the following, for example.
Code:
$game_actors[1].name=
$game_actors[3].name
Replace 3 in each case with the ID of the actor that the player chose.

You can then just use "\n[1]" to refer to the character by name.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.