Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Change Items, Gold, and Steps Actor starts with

This isn't really a script, it's just an instruction for newbies for RMXP who don't know much, a.k.a, the one who requested this, and the one who made this topic.

Instructions:

Go to "Game_Party" in the script database, and search for:

# Initialize amount of gold and steps
    @gold = 0
    @steps = 0

# Create amount in possession hash for items, weapons, and armor
    @items = {}
    @weapons = {}
    @armors = {}

In those zeros put the number or ID of the things you want, E.G.
@gold = 8000.
@steps = 50

But for the armor and items, the items would go like this {ItemID, Quantity}

For example for 3 high potions you would type    @items = {02, 03}
With the zeros, for the ID, you search in the database.

This techique goes the same for the armor.

Ending example:

# Initialize amount of gold and steps
    @gold = 50
    @steps = 50
    # Create amount in possession hash for items, weapons, and armor
    @items = {02, 02}
    @weapons = {01, 01}
    @armors = {01, 02}
  end

So, this would give you, 50 gold, 50 steps, 2 high potions, one bronze sword, and two bronze shields.

This is a simple for modification for those who aren't aware of it, if you have any problems, tell me.

Thanks!

Dokien":1pj7un15 said:
This is more of a tutorial of sorts, not necessarily a script.

"This isn't really a script, it's just an instruction for newbies for RMXP who don't know much, a.k.a, the one who requested this, and the one who made this topic."

I know.

I find it more of a pain than using events on a start up map or something like that. It's more difficult to go into the script editor and have to type out than it is to do it with events and know where it is whenever it needs to be changed.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.