Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

CBS~Nothing that hasn't been done before....

Well tbh, I am quite displeased with the community for bashing Atoa into not distributing that amazing piece of work he had called the Tanketai sideview battlesystem. It is really the only thing left I need for my game other than a CMS which I am working on currently.

If anyone either has that battle system and wouldn't mind sharing via pm/email or can write on that has the following:

1. Skill support (multi-attack, drain, etc.)
2. Character set battlers. (like the regular characters
3. Use icon weapons in combat
4. Sprites will return to original position after an action.
5. NON-ANIMATED ENEMY BATTLERS

I'm at a loss here. It's too much hassle to work with the minkoff battlers because I am terrible at animating sprites and requesting custom graphics is pointless because unless people are really nice, I have to commission. Which, I am willing to do but people still won't hear me out.

I don't mean to be offensive to anyone and I understand that my attitude really isn't the greatest but I'm just a tad bit disappointed with what's happened to the community since I stopped using rmxp. It's like it's died and the few people from way back when who are still trying to be helpful have been bashed into submission by new ungrateful members. I hope someone will hear me out and help me. Thanks.

Slightly. I'm not saying all new members are bad but there are a lot who don't even try to learn and then they bash the makers who work so hard to make good stuff. If you look up what happened to Atoa with that battle system I mentioned, you'd be amazed by how stupid people can be.

Atoa

The tankentai still available for download, i simply won't get near it anymore.

Althoug you can have non-animated enemies on the ACBS by simply adding an $ to the file name (battler became $battler), also you can use charset like sprites with little effort, like i posted here: viewtopic.php?p=829361#p829361

It's up to you if you want to use an outdated system with some gitches that will be never fixed, or an more updated system that is still supported that need just a extra bit of effort.

Also most of the idiots that made me give up on tankentai aren't from here. And wasn't only them, the tankentai itself made my nervers blow. Since the system wasn't made by me, there was a lot of glicthes that i didn't knew where they come from.

Atoa, I wasn't even aware of any 'bashing'. I thought you just dropped it to focus on ACBS. Didn't you specifically state that in the script thread?

Barchetta, We've been working pretty hard around here to eliminate/reduce "bashing", as well as "Whining". And your 1st post here is dangerously close to the latter. :wink:

Surrounding your request with condescension to garner sympathy isn't going to help your cause.
Using language like "It's too much hassle..." makes it sound like you're too lazy to do the amount of work you're asking someone else to do for you.
There are only a few people in the larger game-making community that are willing to take on something as daunting as a battle system.

Try out ACBS with the options Atoa suggested, then make a request for the "Add-ons" you need to achieve what you want.

Be Well

Atoa

Atoa, I wasn't even aware of any 'bashing'. I thought you just dropped it to focus on ACBS. Didn't you specifically state that in the script thread?
In fact, the "bashing" happened on RRR, i was even called lazy just because i wasn't fast to give positive answers to some people. This was just the last drop, all the unsolved giltches and my focus on the ACBS also helped me to take this decision.

There are only a few people in the larger game-making community that are willing to take on something as daunting as a battle system.
This is true, i really doubt that someone will ever make an CBS just to fill an request in an forum.
You should look for a system that have similarities with what you want, and adapt yourself to this system, or if you know how, make changes so the system suits you.
Or at last provide an base system, and ask for modifications if they're not too complicated.

Well god damn dude, you did it again! Thanks for all the help, Atoa. Apparently I WILL be using your new system afterall ^^

I'll make sure to read the whole thread next time to make sure what I want is or isn't there.

As for what I posted above, I suppose you're right about that. It's not that I'm lazy... it's that I'm in the Navy so as you might imagine my time is limited. I'm trying to work with what's out there rather than doing a whole lot of the in-depth editing. (Won't be reflected in the game. So far I've spent 2 weeks on the intro alone and it's not done to my satisfaction)

I'll be sure to credit you for your help, Atoa. Once again, thanks

Squid!!!!!! That explains everything... :wink:

Glad ACBS is gonna work out for ya. Atoa's a pretty 'hoopy frood'.

Be Well

P.S. Thanks for the ride, swabby!!!
ega_icon.gif
- Semper Fi

Since we already are off-topic...
Atoa":2rdqy7aw said:
This is true, i really doubt that someone will ever make an CBS just to fill an request in an forum.
That's not quite true... in fact, I did that before, even though it was a pretty slim script overall... but it was completely custom, working, and completely failing all of my nowadays' standarts :p

Atoa

BlueScope":24xvh35m said:
Since we already are off-topic...
Atoa":24xvh35m said:
That's not quite true... in fact, I did that before, even though it was a pretty slim script overall... but it was completely custom, working, and completely failing all of my nowadays' standarts :p
I forget to add the word "complex' before CBS. By complex i mean animated/semi-animated with tons of features.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.