Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Card Deck Builder and Card Mini-Game [XP]

Dean

Heya,

I'm in need of a script, obviously. I took a gander at SS's Triple Triad card system, and its a bit more complex than what I need, and since its been zombie-fied I can't download any of the other links which more than likely contain a help file that I am missing so I'm pretty clueless in using it.
Just stating that so that no one suggests using his script, unless they might be able to provide a help file.

I need a script that simply utilizes an item called a "deck", which the player can name them self once it is obtained and selected in the item menu, which then, using a common event, it opens a show choices window that lists 'use', 'add', 'remove', or 'rename'. Selecting 'use' simply makes the selected deck the one you will arm yourself with when you begin a match. Upon selecting 'add' or 'remove' a new scene will be executed via call script command that will give a list of all the cards they hold in their inventory, and when the 'enter' key is pressed over a card they are asked 'add?' or 'cancel'. And the other way around if they select 'remove'. Selecting 'rename' bluntly put allows the player to name their deck (I believe will also require some sort of ‘re-name item’ lines, or I’m just blind and cant find an option/way to via events).

You have your 6 basic elements known as 'area cards'; earth, wind, water, fire, dark, and light. You lay these down first to set your elemental field of play; however you can only lay down area cards 1 time for the entire match. The purpose of the area card is not to cancel out or work against the opponents area card, but to weaken them against the element. So even if your opponent lays down a dark area card, if your monsters are mostly wind elements, its better to lay down a wind area card.

Next is monsters and boosts. Each monster has a set amount of HP, each monster can only be used 1 time each game, unless revived via a resurrection card. Each monster also has a set amount of defense and attack points, and an elemental level. The elemental level is the monster's actual level, just like the player has EXP. The only way to gain EXP is by using counter elements, such as light against dark, and when your card level's up you have to go to a card master / dealer and get it upgraded, where you can choose to upgrade its attack points, defense points, add armor / weapons, and/or change its element.

Items are mostly your usual set of items; healing potions, pheonix downs, ect. however there is no "MP potions" or anything like that as there is only attack, defense, and health points. But there are some items that are "boosts". These "boosts" consist of 'elemental boost'; which makes your elemental area's effect multiply by a set amount, 'elemental negative'; which is the exact opposite making the other player's elemental area's effect reduce by a set amount, 'attack boost', 'defense boost', ect. Self explanatory items.

That about cover's it...

Any questions before you can get started? :)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.