Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Can someone turn this Rotating Map into a scrypt? (demo included)

http://www.filefactory.com/file/22d7b0/
that's where to find the demo (done with events)

basically, there are 3 maps, and the demo alternates the maps so it appears to be rotating, only problem is i wanted 5 points of POV (3 free roaming POVs yo ucan walk in, and 2 transitional maps just to show the rotation) but instead opted for the easier 3 POV (2 freeroaming, and 1 transition)... i figure a script could do this easier, without having to take up all the room of events (4 events is how i did it - 1 to show the "rotate" icon letting player know they can rotate the camera, and 3 events around it to remove the icon and turn off a switch)... and then just type in the IDs of the falce maps (transitional maps to show the rotation) and then you'd have it...
i just can't figure out how to make nonstationary events appear to be rotating with the map

the demo looks bad - my fault as i'm not a spriter really, and i never lined up the tileset correctly so it looks bad

also i will credit the tileset's creator (the one i edited) when i can, i lost the notepad i had it written in, so i'll have to credit afterwards, hope they don't mind...

if used with a isometric script, pixelmovement or other type of movement scrypts this could be used as a full rotating movement

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.