Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Calling "Tool" menu, seperate from main menu...

Hello everyone. I have searched and searched for a script remotely resembling what I am looking for and have found nothing. This is what I would like to do...

I would like to be able to call a menu seperate from the main menu. This menu would be labeled TOOLS. It would hold tools that you could equip to do things like kick down rickety doors or shoot fire. A good example would be Zelda, when you equip bombs, you can blow stuff up. Or an even better example of what I am looking for....Wild Arms 2 for PS1, if you've played it. When you start the game you have no tools, so when you finally get a tool the menu will be enabled. Then, when you get another tool it is added to menu and so on. It doesn't have to be super fancy but I am sure this would be of use to a lot of people. So, if anyone knows where I can find something like this please let me now. Thanks a lot! Oh...and I attached a picture of what I am envisioning.

http://unlistedonline.com/Toolsmenu.PNG[/IMG]

Well, if you are just asking for help, you could call this menu with a code like so:

Code:
class Scene_Map
  alias_method :seph_calltoolsmenu_scnmap_update, :update
  def update
    if Input.trigger?(Input::Button)
      $scene = Your_Scene.new
    end
    seph_calltoolsmenu_scnmap_update
  end
end

That's how you would call the alternate menu, but as of now, your menu doesn't exist or anything.

So if you are asking for a script, I will move this to the Script Request forum for you.

Yes. Please move this to the Script Request forum. Thank you. And thanks for that little bit of code there. It helped.

EDIT: Oh...and I just remembered. I downloaded "Zelda Engine BETA 3" by MasterMind a while ago and he had something similar to what I want but I was done entirely with common events, switches, and variables...No script. I am looking for something similar to that in any form (script or common event) but a lot simpler. All I need is the tools menu, not the pendants, life, or equipment menus.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.