Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Buried Whispers

hello folks,

the last few days i had some muses and at least finished this tune here.
it's just midi and compared to other files out there it might suck some balls, but i'm proud of it and want it to share to everybody who likes to use, alter or criticize it.

http://midishrine.com/midi/39855.mid

have fun,
deCalle

wow, well i'm coffee stoned right now and find lots of stuff to improve: new sequences begin too early, the harp echo raises too much of the klischeed ice cavern theme... in general it means i'm too deep in anticipation, so that the song has to be the greatest song ever... immature... aww, nevermind, just doing this for 1-2 years now, don't remember, but good to know, if you make a song take long and often breaks, just to stay impartial, you need to forget, what comes next and simply have to feel the song from anew to detect its flaws... wow, what epiphany, got to go to bed, 6 in the morning now...

EDIT: or am i wrong, what do you think? (sorry if you don#t get it, but i'm really pretty wasted)

ahh and well, i wanted to create a sphere of uncertainty, wanted you to feel to become some fluent form getting absorbed from the ground and make you feel the process of not knowing what happens nxt in this "dream of unknown ending"so i tried to enshroud you with this dream like up and down score on the harp, like wakesleeping, ready to fall on your blindfolded way...

and thats why i called it buried whispers, like you want to listen to what they have to say, but you can#t because they are buried in to deep...

but therefore i need to get deeper, make it more intense, need to make it more atmospheric with less earcatchers, but just a flowing river dragging you down somehow...

by the way, thanks for the like and yeah that was my intention somehow(guess thats the theme i can make best) ;-)

wha about you, got some nice tunes, too?

Setsu

Hey Dude!!
Just listened to your song and it gives me a feeling for a mysterious cave that holds lotsa secrets :)
It's nice I like it.

Keep it up!

ha, thanks man, currently working on a home theme (and other stuff i might finish) and looking forward to do some mp3 sounds with reason but right now i've got some examinations and they suck really hard, wish i could chop some heads off...^^

see ya,
deCalle

well the problem is i know, what doesn't fit to make it sound better, but i just can't do better as it is a process to become better with every step you take and i'm only an active listener with little knowledge of how building a song but i know how they have to be like, so i'm just building this bridge over this chasm or at least i'm trying to do so and critisim to yourself always shows that you are keen on getting better, isn't it?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.