Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Bonus Script

:wooper: :rock: I just need a script that makes it so once a player beats my game, the title screen has a bonus thing at it that says "Bonus" and then it teleports you to "Mapname". You will be credited. Thnx!

NGGames":1qs9ale8 said:
can you tell me how to event it then?

umm... I believe-

If you can only do it by completing some other task or something you would have to make a conditional switch.
if not- you would have to go to event "show picture" (the title edited with bonus on it) then transfer player to "mapname"

I believe thats how you do it, I might have left a thing or two out if that doesn't work sorry but thats about as much as I can help

Good luck with that

p.s. Can someone get this guy a script like that if my suggestion doesn't work?

@ rpgmakerxp08-

Sorry but what you are suggesting would not work. What your way would allow [though you've not really stated how to do anything] is as soon as the player "finishes" a game (ie, gets to the end of the story or designated point) he'll be shown a FAKE title menu, one in which an extra option, which would be shown by a picture, would allow teleporting to a new map.

The problem with this is  of course, that as soon as the player turns off the game, that menu is gone, the fake screen will not  show and the normal menu will return and will not display the "Extras" option.

To my knowledge something would have be made as a script. Though I think it would also edit the 'main' script as that deals with loading of all variables/switches/saved games...

BUT... and please don't ask me how to do this... I think I know a way in which it is possible.

When the game is complete, you'd need to set either a global variable (ie, it starts as 0 and  you turn it to 1 when the  game is complete) or a global switch to on as the game completes. Bare in mind, GLOBAL variables (or switches if they do exist in a global instance) do not get changed by event commands like the IN GAME switches do. Instead a line of script that changes them would be needed...

The title menu should be altered so that it has a conditional branch that gives something like the following:

IF: global variable "gamecomplete" = 1
Show:
New
Continue
Extras
End

Else:
New
Continue
End

End

Remember, im not a scripter but I could take a look at this at some point but dont expect it to be within the next two days...

I would suggest bumping this topic because, in theory, this should be quite easy to do with a little bit of knowledge.

Alicix":27t6e5qt said:
@ rpgmakerxp08-

Sorry but what you are suggesting would not work. What your way would allow [though you've not really stated how to do anything] is as soon as the player "finishes" a game (ie, gets to the end of the story or designated point) he'll be shown a FAKE title menu, one in which an extra option, which would be shown by a picture, would allow teleporting to a new map.

The problem with this is  of course, that as soon as the player turns off the game, that menu is gone, the fake screen will not  show and the normal menu will return and will not display the "Extras" option.

To my knowledge something would have be made as a script. Though I think it would also edit the 'main' script as that deals with loading of all variables/switches/saved games...

BUT... and please don't ask me how to do this... I think I know a way in which it is possible.

When the game is complete, you'd need to set either a global variable (ie, it starts as 0 and  you turn it to 1 when the  game is complete) or a global switch to on as the game completes. Bare in mind, GLOBAL variables (or switches if they do exist in a global instance) do not get changed by event commands like the IN GAME switches do. Instead a line of script that changes them would be needed...

The title menu should be altered so that it has a conditional branch that gives something like the following:

IF: global variable "gamecomplete" = 1
Show:
New
Continue
Extras
End

Else:
New
Continue
End

End

Remember, im not a scripter but I could take a look at this at some point but dont expect it to be within the next two days...

I would suggest bumping this topic because, in theory, this should be quite easy to do with a little bit of knowledge.

ahhhh.. your right. sorry wasn't thinking straight misunderstood him, thought it was just something he wanted to happen after you beat the game, instead the way your putting it he wants an "extra chapter" so to speak.........or somethin like that. don't mind me im runnin on like 2 hours of sleep right now.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.