Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Blurs

boon

Sponsor

Is there a way in RGSS, to blur the Spriteset map?

Like when I open the menu (Which has the "@spriteset = Spriteset_Map.new" thing, to blur the the map in the background?

khmp

Sponsor

Not an easy way. This is precisely what I was trying to do when I asked my first question here. Was how do I access the bitmap of Spriteset_Map. There's certainly no built in method for retrieving the information. Spriteset consists of several viewports which most contain a numerous sprite objects. You need some external dll to lock_rect the pixels save the bitmap blur it and return it. It's beyond me though. I've seen script demos that do somewhat of what you are asking. You might want to make a request or hope someone more knowledgeable than myself sees this topic. Sorry Boonzeet. :down:

Not a simple or built-in way.

First, you need to capture the Spriteset to a bitmap. (There is a "screenshot" script around here somewhere.)

Then, use a convolution / blur algorithm. Basically, for every pixel in the image, average the color with all pixels in a given radius (or square). For example, you have a red (255,0,0) pixel surrounded by 8 blue (0,0,255) pixels. You change the red pixel to (28,0,227). Use the get_pixel & set_pixel methods from the Bitmap class.

That help?

RGSS2 has a built-in "snap to bitmap" and blur function but not RGSS1 -_-
I know SephirothSpawn (or maybe Trickster?) did both a screenshot and blur script.
Try searching the RGSS section.
I think I probably still have these scripts somewhere in my computer...

There is a screenshot/blur built in to MACL 2.1. Give it a go here. Go to Scripts>>Test Bed Scripts(log)>>Library Development>>Blur Screenshot for more information. I would imagine the demos of the test beds have MACL and the screenshot.dll if you can't find it on the net anywhere else.

boon

Sponsor

I don't quite know how to do that Brewmeister  :sad:

I love the feature from RMVX but I am too attached to RMXP's tileset editor.

I'll try out that script from SephirothSpawn.

Boon, I assumed since this is "RGSS Support", that you were looking for help doing it yourself, or help modifying an existing script. 

If you're looking for an existing script, or want someone to do it for you, then it should be in Script Requests.

If you need help implementing Seph's script(s), this is the place.
If this is a 'request', let me know & I'll move it.

P.S. Dargor, Tensuke, I've used 'screenshot'. I didn't know Seph already wrote the blur_area method. Thanks

Be Well

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.