Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Blue Skies 3

BlueSkies 3

BXEaBzw.png

B2bC5Qe.png

BlueSkies 3 is a 2D Turn-based JRPG game featuring a radiant, magical fantasy atmosphere that is story-driven. BlueSkies 3 has a different story on its own (not directly a sequel), still, it features the same world as the original free games BlueSkies 1 and BlueSkies 2. There won't be any plot-related confusion if you immediately played BlueSkies 3 though!

qNkjsQj.png

In the world of Vyen, magic is abundant all around. Witches and Warlocks run the world. Some use magic for the good of Vyen, and some use it as a weapon to harm and cause destruction. Despite this obvious divide between the people, the recent announcement of the "Arcane Mastery Tournament" held by both the Chancellor of the Holy Order and the King of the Xmeilian Empire, has captured the interests of every magic-user around the world. The "Arcane Mastery Tournament" is an event where Witches and Warlocks all around the world gather to compete and rise as the special "Arcane Guardians" of the Xmeilian Empire. Some join to prove their prowess in magic in front of the whole world, seeking to claim victory, while some join content with the thought of having a platform for themselves and their magic, regardless if they'll win the competition or not. Could this tournament simply be a competition between the greats, Or could this be a catalyst for something grand? Dare I say, something sinister?

8mHZZ9B.png

The story revolves around a young Oracle named Candace Aethelmay, who lives in Esuna Town. Candace and her friends have decided upon going on an adventure to join the "Arcane Mastery Tournament." Along the way, the young witches will encounter challenges, meet new friends, and they will further hone their skills in magic. But little do they know; that this journey is going to lead to something much bigger that involves the fate of Vyen.

Ktudnqk.png

gbIDrH6.png

LpFpUWq.png

h7mg4TJ.png

SMDy8XA.png

ehBp4qY.png

HJ256Kz.png

o5jbyq2.png

zcmvask.png

cDlGjrz.png

tuIqTPn.png

icPbxxb.png

LGEMaea.png

BlueSkies 3 Goodies:

Demo version 3.0 Let's Plays/Reviews:
D757gaming

Demo version 2.5 Let's Plays/Reviews:
Studio Blue
Nikorasu
HawkZombie

Features:
- Animated Side-view battle system
- Dynamic ATB battles
- Party changing system (Both during and out of battle).
- Immersive plot and a very colorful set of characters, atmosphere and dialogue.
- Beautiful character arts.
- Side-quests and hidden-quests that allows you to acquire items, gold, and even learn skills or summons!
- Explore the world of Vyen and uncover the mysteries.

Credits:
Plugins:

Degica
KADOKAWA
Visutella
LordValinar
Mokusei Penguin
TheoAllen
triacontane
Ignis/Raizen
Sasuka Kannazuki
Gabe
Moghunter (Atelier RGSS) - https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/

Graphics:

Degica
KADOKAWA
Archeia
Visutella
Effekseer
Berry
ShadowHawkDragon
Mis_nova
Mailo357
SmashArtist
JosephSeraph
ManuGamingCreations
hadecynn
Animations Select Packs © Dreams Circle
Gotcha Gotcha Games Inc.
whtdragon
Skotty TV
REFMAP
Gee Kun Soft
Nowis-337
Derex
ramtam
Ironthunder
Nidhoggn
M & T
PhoenixFireGames
Kokoro Reflections
Avery
Michael Galefire
Suzuki
Pierre
cooltext.com
SchwarzeNacht
Meep007
Pixel Odyssey - https://pixelodyssey.itch.io/
LuminousDragonGames - https://opengameart.org/content/perfectly-seamless-night-sky
MiniBjorn - https://opengameart.org/content/cloudy-sky

Music:

Degica
KADOKAWA
Hiroki Kikuta
Bittersweet Entertainment
TK.Projects
Joel Steudler
ayato sound create
Murray Atkinson
"Some of the sounds in this project were created by David McKee (ViRiX)
soundcloud.com/virix"
Kunsel

Special Thanks:

Berry
TrueCynder
VaroClaw
ronaldbabe
Hanamaru
Pyroflo
Nikorasu
HawkZombie
StudioBlue (Steel and Teal)

Last edited:
UPDATE:

It's been so long, but don't worry I'm still working on this project, life's just been super busy last year, but here I am now with a new update! :D No story-related update though, just polishing the demo as it is! :D

I present to you all, Blue Skies 3 Demo version 3.5:

Altki3l.png

Changes:
- New cast animations for each characters.
- Player Buffs/Debuffs skills are no longer stackable.
- Player Buffs/Debuffs skills' power have also been reduced.
- Spirit Herb item no longer gives bonus Ailment immunity for 2 turns upon use.
- Enemy stats have been tweaked to achieve balance (not too hard or easy hopefully).
- Fixed some bugs and typos.
- State tooltips are now available. You can simply hover your mouse over a state and read its effects.
- Enemies now display their elemental property as passive states above them instead of showing it beside their names.
- New Battle Backgrounds.
- Changed Boss BGM.

Hope you all enjoy! Feedback is appreciated! ^_^

Last edited:
It's been a long time since I've posted some BlueSkies 3 progress, but here it is! This game is still in production! Here's some new lore about an ancient religion and a boss battle! ^^ <3

Hi everyone! Here's a BlueSkies 3 Announcement Trailer. Showcasing both the game's environments, plot, and gameplay. Inspired by classic JRPGs that we all loved such as the Final Fantasy series. Featuring a magical fantasy world with mysteries to uncover. Special thanks to Berry B for his amazing financial contribution to my games and his support, which made many of my game's assets possible.

It's finally approved! BlueSkies 3 Steam store is now up! I am currently developing this game and hope to see it to its completion soon!

All of your support means a lot!

Wishlist now and stay tuned for more BlueSkies 3 updates soon! <3

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.