Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

BGM Continuing Script

Hey there  :smile:

I need a script.

Description:
The RPG Maker uses a system that lets the BGMs start again after a battle or another change of BGM.
The problem is: The good/best part of many BGMs begins later (after a minute or so), so that you will never hear it when there are too many battles.
In many games like Final Fantasy you can see that e.g. the world map music continues after heading into a village (and leaving) or after a battle etc.
I hope you know what I mean.

Thanks in advance,
Final Griever

PS: I need a RGSS Script, not RGSS2.

You know, I was just about to post a thread concerning this. I, too, would love to get my hands on a "music pauses then continues after battle/village/etc.".
It does get very aggrivating having the system restart the music all over again.

Akin

SephirothSpawn":1p4wa6ba said:
It requires a re-write of the audio module, something no one has done yet.

Correction (or so I thought)srsly watch how this bites me later. :dead: something nobody has done for XP yet.

I edited my existing script a little and added in what you wanted(or so I thought). I wanted to do it for my game anyways it made sense. Hope it helps you.

http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=46624.0

Sidenote: it actually doesn't take a rewrite of the audio module you just have to re-write the two places in Scene_Battle and Scene_Map where combat music playing is handled. It was easy for me to find because I already found these locations for my orginal script. Which btw SephirothSpawn helped me get started with.

Correction...

You can restart the same bgm that was playing before battle, or with your modification allow the bgm to continue playing when battle starts. (i.e. no separate battle music).  If I interpret the OP's question the same as Seph did, he is correct, there is currently no way to pause a bgm when entering battle, and then continue from that point after battle.
This request has been made many times, and would definitely require a rewrite / addon to the Audio module.
Even other available Audio modules for Ruby (not just RGSS) do not have a 'pause' method.

Could it be done?  Sure. But the only way it will probably happen is if someone with the time & wherewithal needs it for them self.
the Reward/Effort ratio is just way too low to make it a priority.

Be Well

Akin

Gah! :dead:

I was defeated by my own sarcastic tone(Let this be a lesson to others). Hmmm yah I didn't interpret his request that way but I see what your saying and your definately right.

and no it will never happen. The Audio module isn't even availible to be seen from the help file so only the most advanced scripters would even be able to take this project on.

Hmm, so it does require the audio module. I do believe I have my hands on it, however; I'm not really great with scripting, so I can't just make something like this too easily.
There IS however, an example of "music pauses then continues after battle/village/etc.". on the "True Pokemon Starter Kit" I've noticed. Don't know if it's RGSS2 compatible though. =\

Akin

Actually upon looking into this a little further it MAY not be that difficult with RGSS2. Quickly looking into the Help File provided by the game shows this

When ME is playing, the BGM will temporarily stop. The timing of when the BGM restarts is slightly different from RGSS1. (RGSS2)

if you Play a BGM and then Play an ME you'll see that the AUDIO module IS doing exactly what you want. Unfortunately the Audio module isn't visible to me or I'd take a stab at doing this. It might actually be doable since the module in RGSS2 does have some sort of existing support for it. If anyone can provide a copy of the module from RGSS2 it would help out in leaps and bounds.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.