Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Battlestatus Layout Redesign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got your PM. You say for the RTAB system. Since the RTAB system overrides the default and SDK scripts (the battlesystem, some parts of Game Actor & Battler & such...) But what you're asking for may not be that hard at all. Just moving the 'Command' window to a static position, and preventing the readjustment/recentering of the individual windows.

From all appearances, you are only going to have three battlers at a time. Again... even easier, since no resizing of the windows is needed.

Yup. The command window I can move myself since I am using a ring command script. It's just the positioning of the status windows is confusing. There are like 3 different 'status' window classes, so I don't know which to modify.

MasterMind;223977 said:
Yup. The command window I can move myself since I am using a ring command script. It's just the positioning of the status windows is confusing. There are like 3 different 'status' window classes, so I don't know which to modify.
Okay... wait... you're using Momomo's Ring Command window in the RTAB system (which DOES work mind you ;) ) so you won't be using the traditional Actor Command Window?

Can I assume then that the ring command menu will be 'fixed' into the spot for the command window in your diagram (magenta) ? Also, the remaining spots... the opacity of the battlestatus itself. You want it fully transparent? Semi translucent? Borders/no borders? Borders around the spot FOR the ring menu?
Inquiring minds must know.

Or have values editable so the battlestatus window can change in-game?
Harder

DerVVulfman;223980 said:
Okay... wait... you're using Momomo's Ring Command window in the RTAB system (which DOES work mind you ;) ) so you won't be using the traditional Actor Command Window?

Can I assume then that the ring command menu will be 'fixed' into the spot for the command window in your diagram (magenta) ? Also, the remaining spots... the opacity of the battlestatus itself. You want it fully transparent? Semi translucent? Borders/no borders? Borders around the spot FOR the ring menu?
Inquiring minds must know.

Or have values editable so the battlestatus window can change in-game?
Harder

I'm using Fomar's script, edited to work with RTAB. I made it compatible myself. 8-) And yes, the window reserved for the ring menu. Here's what I have so far:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/ ... 823/BS.png[/IMG]

I can easily move that ring menu down, as well as the image behind it. See how the image becomes stretched? I'd like the opacity set to 255, so I can use the default battlebacks without stretching them, thus losing image quality. I can do everything else by myself. I just need to windows down there without screwing up the status windows. And just for clarification,

It just shouldn't display those windows at all.

what I mean by that, is that it should just show an empty window. Maybe even the text "No Member". I don't mind, just as long as it covers the bottom part of the screen there. Sorry if I'm being a pain. Thanks for taking the time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.