Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Battler Graphic Changes When Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a script that will change the Actor's Battler Graphic to another Graphic picture when they die in battle. Instead of the Battler dissapearing, I would rather have the battler stay on the screen, but have the picture change to a Tombstone or something.

Info of Battle System:
I am currently using the RTAB v1.16 and do not want to use the side battle add-ons, as this is in front-view play.

Any help is appreciated..!

Thanks again,

Fenwick

-= BUMP =-

Even a way to edit the code in the RTAB script I'll settle for. Also, if the request is not understood, just post to let me know what part if all, you don't understand and I will try to simplify the request better.

Fenwick

Code:
class Game_Battler
  alias_method :seph_deadgraphics_gmbtlr_bn, :battler_name
  def battler_name
    name = seph_deadgraphics_gmbtlr_bn
    name += '_dead' if self.dead?
    return name
  end
end

Just insert somewhere below Game_Battler. Just make graphics with _dead at the end of the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.