Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Battle Transition Request

This has probably been requested before, it's probably quite easy to do too but I can't find out how to do it, or anyone who has made it even with the search.

It's basically so that when you go into a battle instead of the transition leading you straight to the battle, it leads you to a black screen then the black screen fades into the battle. I'm not sure how you would do this myself. All I can suggest is that it involves a Black Screen Picture. That's all I've got.

Can Anyone make this script, it shouldn't be too difficult for anyone with moderate scripting skills.

Well, I don't have the spirit to do it myself ATM, but here you go with a script that does the same thing for maps... it should be easy to convert it for battles... and make sure you credit Trebor777 :D

Code:
#==============================================================================
# Black Transition Module
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Script by Trebor777
#==============================================================================

class Interpreter
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  $fade_wait = 10   # Transition Duration
  $fwait = 10   # Black Screen Duration
  alias fade_warp_execute_command execute_command
  def execute_command
    if @index >= @list.size - 1
      @a_fait = nil
      command_end
      return true
    end
    parameters = @list[@index].parameters
    id = $game_map.map_id
    backup_tone = $game_screen.tone
    if @list[@index].code == 201 and @a_fait == nil
      if (parameters[0]==0 and parameters[1]!=id) or (parameters[0]!=0 and $game_variables[parameters[1]]!=id)
        black_tone = RPG::EventCommand.new(223,0,[Tone.new(-255,-255,-255,0),$fade_wait])
        wait = RPG::EventCommand.new(106,0,[$fwait])
        no_tone = RPG::EventCommand.new(223,0,[Tone.new(backup_tone.red.to_i,backup_tone.green.to_i,backup_tone.blue.to_i,backup_tone.gray.to_i),$fade_wait])
        if $fade_wait > 0
          @list.insert(0,black_tone,wait)
          @list.insert(@list.size - 1,no_tone)
        end
        @a_fait = true
      end
    end
    fade_warp_execute_command
  end
end

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.