Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Battle Puzzle! Full Explination in detail.

BOSS
Puzzle fighting system.
There are three elements in the game: Earth, Fire and Air.
Air is weak to earth, earth to fire, fire to air.
The enemy drops elemental blocks and you must try to destroy or
block them before they come in contact with blocks it can destroy.

EX: You have a row of fire bricks and an air brick is falling.
Underneath the fire bricks is a row of earth bricks.
you may then rotate your bricks(section of 4 at a time) to
destroy the oncoming attack. Once the oncoming air brick comes
in contact with the earth brick the air brick will be destroyed.
If the air brick were to come in contact with the fire bricks
then the one it touched and all connected to it would disappear
If the air brick came in contact with another air brick, then
it would just be added to you stack of air bricks.

At the beginning of battle you have attack points.
for every brick you successfully destroy you lose
and win nothing. For every brick you collect you
get a bonus attack points. For every brick you lose
you lose attack points.

At the end of a "brick battle"
The winner sends a wave of power, temporarily paralyzing the enemy.
While the enemy is down you are free to button mash like crazy to try
and destroy the monster

Uh...Other things to note.

As I said somewhere above, You ca only move bricks in blocks of four at a time
an example...
â–ˆ â–ˆ
â–ˆ â–ˆ
You rotate them left and the green ones end up on bottom with the blue ones on top.
â–ˆ â–ˆ
â–ˆ â–ˆ

Now if there was say...
â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ
â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ
And you were to select the four around the pink then you would have the
pink and green ones to rotate. Is this making sense? I cant change the color of the bottom
dots. I can! :scruff: - Love, Brew (PS, we use Red for Mod Comments. Plus it's harder on the eyes. If you like a red-ish color, try the one in the middle group, more of a burgundy. Thanks
â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ
â–ˆ â–ˆ â–ˆ

And as for the button mashing part...that could probably be a seperate script, I tihnk I found one actually.
Its quite simple though. While the monster is down you run to it and mash the buttons till its life dispenses. its simple.
Also! when you lose attack points, you also lose health. So obviously once you hit zero hp you die.
And when all of your fire, air or earth bricks are destroyed they will not replenish. So if you run out of
attacks you also DIE.

Hopefully I made sense with all of this. if you need me to clear anything up just let me know and I'll do the best I can.

A little something about your elements...a triangle of weaknesses is always very good, brings some balance and all. But don't you think it should be in reverse order? Air is the fuel of fire, thus it would be air is weak to fire, while earth is often used to crush the fire/choke it. And air stuff is usually too far from the ground to be affected by usual earthquakes and such.

I thought about that too, this was just an example and not 100% perfect. I'll probably change it, or the elements completely. thanx though, your triangle actually makes more sens haha

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.