Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[Battle]Lycanthrope/Polymorph self

I've searched and searched but can't seem to find a script that accomplishes what I want for a character in my game.

The closest I've found is Dargor's party changer script in that it allows you to change party member during a battle.

(My request is for the Tentekai 2.6 sideview battle system by the way.)

Here is the bare bones of my request:

Chacter can choose a skill in battle such as shapeshift werewolf.  Then, the actor turns into a werewolf, and has new stats along with whatever skills.  After a battle is finished, the character always reverts back to human form.

Here is how I am requesting the mechanics of the script:

I would like the script to have an array of skill ID's that contain all skills that are of the 'shapeshift' type (user will input this themselves).  Now, every skill when triggered is going to basically exchange the current actor in with a new actor, specified in the script for each skill.

When this morph occurs, I want the percentage of HP and MP that the character has to be applied to the new actor.  And also, the experience between the two actors must always match (in order to level up, since even though in the database they are two different actors -- to the player it is the same character).

And that's it really.  I guess if worse comes to worse this could be done with a lot of events in every battle troop, but I'd rather avoid that if possible.

Changing sprites/form is already possible if you're using Tankentai SBS.  You can use Common Events to alter skills and statistics.

There's a transformation example already provided.  Download the latest SBS demo and have Ylva cast Cat Form.

I was gonna suggest using common events, which is relatively easy, even in the standard battle system. But if he wants the player to be able to create a skills list ingame it's a bit harder

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.